Is this true? Am I really about to embark on a third edition of my Portland breakfast guidebook? Oh hell yes, I am.
Breakfast in Bridgetown was born in a conversation at Beaterville Cafe with my friend Craig Schuhmann, who is now the author of three fishing books — the most recent being Get Started Fly-Fishing! We were talking about writing and books and breakfast, and I found myself saying, “Shoot, I could write a whole book about places to eat breakfast in Portland!”
And so I did. Twice.
And now here we go for Round Three. Publication date for the Third Edition: July 1, 2013. Sooner than you (well, I) think!
But I need your help. I have a Breakfast Crew that helps me explore and eat. I have an insane list of places to check out. I have something like a plan. I might even have enough money. (More about that later.)
Here’s what I am asking for right now. You can help by either posting comments here or emailing me at paul – at – paulgerald – dot – com. (Sorry, trying to watch the spam.) You can also participate on Twitter and/or Facebook.
- Suggestions of places to check out, and dishes to get there. In town, out of town, whatever.
- Updates or errors you’ve found in the current edition (I have some here)
- Ideas for how to improve the book, whether it’s what info is shared, how it’s presented, how many places are in there, the maps, the lists … whatever. Don’t be shy and don’t worry about my feelings. Have at it.
- It would also be grovvy if you subscribed to my newsletter, The Breakfast Bulletin. You can do that right here. I will send the Bulletin out every two weeks from here on out, with news, reviews, and other goodies, including contests.
- Suggest guests for the breakfast podcast, which will be reborn … um, soon. With video.
- Anything else you can think of and want to share.
Helping out means getting your name in the book, getting a break when it comes out, and … well … helping out!
And that is where things stand: on the verge of the next Portland breakfast adventure. And inviting you to be a part of it.